Thursday, August 6, 2009

The Locker Room

My new apartment building has its own gym, albeit small, there are several reasons why I am glad to not have to attend Sport and Health any longer. Of course the financial benefit is great since I now don't have to pay a monthly membership fee. The convenience has also turned out to be superb. I can go to the gym at any time I feel like it and all I have to do is walk down stairs. However, one of the greatest benefits of having my a gym in my building is the fact that I no longer have to expose myself to the locker room. After I finish working out, I can go right upstairs to my own apartment and take a shower, and after some of the things I have seen in the women's locker room at the gym this is really quite a benefit.

I always wondered when I worked out at Sport and Health why some women felt it was appropriate and acceptable to do certain things naked. For instances, there were the women who ironed their clothes in the nude. Really? You can't put your underwear on at least, or a towel? Then there are the women who do their hair and put their makeup on totally naked. Now, maybe that is how they do it at home - good for them if so. But I personally don't need to see their boobs bouncing around in the mirror while I am trying to get dressed. My favorite is the lady who either just got out of the shower or is on her way to the shower. She stops to talk to her friend . . . naked. She has a towel in her hand. Why doesn't she put her towel on? I am not sure. I guess Patty thinks that Leslie feels more comfortable if she stands there and talks to her totally naked.

Then there are the people who just do absolutely disgusting things out in open plain sight view of everyone in the locker room - such as lotion up every crevice of their naked body or putting a tampon on. Or, maybe they lotion up their body and bend over while you are standing right next to them and then their bare naked ass brushes up against you. I even once saw a woman blow drying her personal area. I think you know what I'm talking about. Why? Why do they do these things? I just want to shower and change really quickly and not have to be bombarded with pure nakedness.

I have also seen some interesting things in the sauna, steam room, and hot tub area of the locker room. There was once a woman who hit up each 'hot' area fullyclothed. First the sauna, then the steam room. She decided to take on the hot tub last, and yes, she got in the hot tub with a long sleeve shirt and sweatpants on. This was odd, but I did appreciate the fact that she didn't feel the need to be totally naked everywhere at all times. In the steam room I find it very disgusting when women lay totally naked on the tiled benches, as if right before them some other gross lady didn't do the exact same thing. I guess they don't have a problem with this type of fluids exchange.

So, needless to say, after these previous locker room experiences, I really am pretty excited to have my own gym right here in my building. Among other great amenities and cool roommates, this place is pretty sweet!

No comments:

Post a Comment