A while back my friend Laurie signed me up for a newsletter that I will keep unnamed for the purpses of this story. Since then I have tried to opt out, unsubscribe, whatever it is that you have to do to STOP receiving the newsletter that you have absolutely no interest in. All of my efforts have failed me and I continue to receive this newsletter daily, sometimes twice a day even. Today I received an interesting message from them that I wanted to share with you all:
Dear Friend,
I value your time and will therefore get straight to the point:
We need your help to keep our virtual doors open!
The economic crisis has hit us crushingly hard and we are in an emergency situation.
Though we always keep our overhead low (-- our editors and writers do their jobs for comparatively little, as theirs is a labor of love), we’ve had to make some painful cuts.
Yet, we are still hundreds of thousands of dollars behind. Some of our largest donations were canceled due to the economic crisis. We simply cannot continue much longer.
Ok, clearly they do not value my time, because if they did they would have unsubscribed me THE FIRST TIME I ASKED. I am really glad that they think they need MY help to keep their virtual doors open, but unfortunately I despise their newsletter so there will be no such luck. And, in a time where the economic crisis is not only hitting their newsletter and the editors, but it is hitting EVERYONE, why in the world would I donate my money to them to help keep their virtual doors open when they wont even unsubscribe me from their damn newsletter?!? I am really sorry to hear that they simply cannot continue much longer (for those that actually want to read this newsletter), but I wont deny that I will be extremelly happy when that day comes and I dont have to delete this newsletter from my email twice a day. Thanks Laur.
Thursday, February 19, 2009
Re: Urgent: Help us continue
Labels:
doors,
Laurie SantaLucia,
newsletters,
office space,
paste,
virtual world
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment