
Unfortunately this post was inspired by an actual event. This evening Anna and I decided to go to Quiznos (a weekend usual) and while we were in there for LESS THAN 5 MINUTES, her car was towed from the parking lot. It actually happened so fast that we were afraid her car was stolen. So of course we had to go get her car from the towing lot. Now, I don't know how many of you are familiar with towing lots, but they are probably one of the sketchiest places that I have ever been to. Every single time I've been to a tow lot (you'd probably be surprised at the number of times), they consist of an empty lot filled with cars, a tiny little shed house with a really freakish old woman, and lots of chain link fences. This evening's towing experience was no different. Advanced towing is located behind a Mercedes Benz dealership on Glebe Rd. in Arlington and to get into the small shed-like motor home building you have to walk in between two 8 ft. chain link fences and up some home made creaky wooden stairs. Once inside the shed, there is of course a large plexiglass window with a small hole cut out of it. Apparently the towing people are fearful for their lives from those who have had their cars towed, AS THEY SHOULD BE. One place that I have picked up my car from actually looked as if it had a bullet hole through the plexiglass. Behind the counter this evening was an old woman with a Mickey Mouse sweatshirt circa 1981. Her hair was so long and scraggly and she of course had a large witch-like mole on her chin. Thankfully, Advanced towing accepts credit cards, but I have been towed by cash only places as well which is always a treat. It is wonderful to have to go withdraw $100+ just to get your car out of a parking lot surrounded by guard dogs and chain link fences, not to mention very easy to access an ATM when you are WITHOUT YOUR CAR. I think I should get into the towing business. It clearly doesn't require that much capital to start up or maybe they would have nicer sheds. And it is quite an easy business where you really cash in quickly on ruining people's mornings, evenings, days, weeks, etc. I can't wait to start my own towing company. I think I'll name it Happy Tow.
i can confirm the sketchiness of this particular towing lot...it happens to be near my place of residence....you guys are brave!
ReplyDelete